PCR Test Berlin – Polymerase Chain Reaction Laboratory Test – Corona Testing
The PCR test is the premium standard among covid 19 test berlin. In a sample from mucous membranes of the respiratory tract, a PCR test can reliably detect whether they are infected with Covid-19 pathogens. The PCR test is a standard procedure in the diagnosis of viruses. The test is based on the so-called polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
The genetic material of the virus is multiplied in this process, thus making it possible to detect viruses even if only a few pathogens were present. The PCR test therefore has a high sensitivity and detects the virus with a high degree of accuracy. In addition, only the genetic material of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus is specifically amplified. The test thus has a high specificity, i.e. it detects exactly the desired virus.
The PCR test is the most reliable method for investigating suspected acute infection with the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus. Thus, the test leads to the decision of whether an infected person needs to go into home isolation due to SARS-CoV-2 infection.
The National Testing Strategy provides recommendations on which tests should be used in which situations. Testing for the affected person is free. The PCR test should definitely be done:
- in the case of symptoms suggestive of COVID-19
- in case of contact with confirmed COVID-19 cases
- as a preventive measure before admission to hospitals, nursing homes and other medical facilities or if cases occur there.
Alternatively, antigen tests can be used for the time being. However, as these are less reliable, the positive result in the antigen test must be confirmed by a PCR test.
You can find more information about the PCR test here.
Handling in 24 hoursOur laboratory needs up to 24 – 36 hours for the result. You will be informed immediately.
medical personnelOur medical staff is under medical supervision and undergoes regular training and testing.
Highest reliabilityWe only use tests approved in Germany according to BfArM.
PCR Test Berlin – Procedure at Conona Testcenter.
At the Corona Testcenter am Alexanderplatz Berlin, a sample is taken from the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract for this purpose. For this purpose, we take a swab from the mouth-pharyngeal wall and via the nose from the nasopharynx. These areas are particularly affected by a possible infection. We then send this sample to the laboratory for PCR analysis.
This procedure amplifies the genetic material of the virus to such an extent that it can be detected, even if only small amounts of the covid virus were previously present. The analysis takes about five hours. Due to the transport time to the laboratory and the current high volume of samples, it usually takes about 24 hours to obtain the result.
In rare cases, the PCR test Nollendorfplatz Berlin can unfortunately take up to 36 hours. If the laboratories are heavily overloaded, it may occasionally take longer.
BOOK APPOINTMENT HERE
Our test offers at the Corona Testcenter am Alexanderplatz
In our Corona Testcenter at Karl-Liebknecht-Straße 13 in Berlin you can use the following tests. In addition to the rapid covid 19 tests, you can also use laboratory tests – for the detection of an acute infection with the Corona virus SARS-CoV-2.
Free Corona citizen test will no longer be available from 11.10.2021 – Antigen rapid test Berlin
From 11 October 2021, according to the newly worded § 4a TestV (“Tests for persons unable to vaccinate and segregated persons”), the entitlement to be tested once a week free of charge with a PoC antigen test (so-called rapid test) will in principle only exist for asymptomatic persons who did not have a reasonable opportunity to obtain sufficient vaccination protection in time and for asymptomatic segregated persons.
In future, only* the following groups of persons will have a free entitlement:
- Persons who have not yet reached the age of twelve at the time of testing or who have reached the age of twelve in the last three months before testing;
- Persons who cannot be vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus at the time of testing due to a medical contraindication, in particular pregnancy in the first trimester, or who could not be vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus in the last three months before testing due to a medical contraindication;
- until 31 December 2021, persons who have not yet reached the age of 18 at the time of testing, pregnant women at the time of testing and students at the time of testing who have been vaccinated with vaccines other than those listed by the Paul Ehrlich Institute on the Internet at the address http://www.pei.de/impfstoffe/covid-19,
- Persons who, at the time of testing, are participating in clinical studies on the efficacy of vaccines against the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus or have participated in such studies in the three months prior to testing;
- persons who, at the time of testing, are in segregation due to proven infection with SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, if testing is required to end segregation.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT NOW
Corona Test Berlin | Karl-Liebknecht-Straße 13 in Schöneberg | Official Corona Test Station
Please do not eat, drink, smoke or chew gum for 15 minutes before testing.
What to do in case of a positive test result?
If the PCR test result is positive, this means that there is an infection with the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus. Accordingly, the laboratory reports the result to the health department. In the case of infection with the coronavirus confirmed by a PCR test, the health department orders isolation. Contact persons are also identified. Depending on the health department’s risk assessment, these individuals may need to go into quarantine.
In-depth measures are required to control the spread of coronavirus. All this, of course, does not pass us by emotionally. However, regular corona testing is a very effective measure to reduce SARS-CoV-2 transmission.
We have set ourselves the task of integrating corona testing (PCR testing and rapid antigen testing) into everyday life as conveniently as possible and offer corona testing at a reasonable price. In addition, our test system is very effective and fast. Long waiting times are a thing of the past.